Although plenty of high school and college students in the US qualify for scholarships every year, athletes and academics obviously get more preference. If you are neither, there is no reason to fret – because you may be just the perfect person for wacky scholarships. Just as the name suggests, your weird and wacky abilities may actually earn you enough money to pay for your education.
So, what exactly are wacky scholarships? Since the Webster dictionary is yet to include this term, it is best to go with the accepted definition of the term found online: free funding for high school or college education obtained on the basis of odd or unique personal characteristics, weird or strange interests or hobbies, or unique skills or talents.
Wacky scholarships available for high school and college students keep increasing each year. However, most of these scholarships go unclaimed as students remain unaware of them and thus fail to apply for them. Free funding for being red-headed, left-handed or good at playing poker are just a few of the innumerable scholarships handed out every year to aid students in paying for the escalating costs of education.
Do You Qualify For Wacky Scholarships?
These wacky scholarships offer you an interesting and unbelievably simple way to creatively fund your high school or college education. Here are some interesting, weird and – of course – wacky reasons why you may qualify for this scholarship.
- There are lots of wacky scholarships available based on your personal characteristics. So if you are a natural red-head, really short, very tall or hopelessly overweight, there may be a scholarship waiting for you.
- If you are an expert skateboarder or bowler or skilled in knitting, you can use these skills to pay for your education.
- Wacky scholarships are also available for creatively talented students – be it art designing or writing poetry.
- If you are a die-hard vegetarian, you can win about $5000 in scholarship simply by writing an essay about being a vegetarian.
- Do you suffer from medical conditions like asthma? Most students are unaware that wacky scholarships are also available for certain medical conditions.
- Are you one of twins or triplets? If yes, you and your sibling may qualify for a scholarship for just being family.
- Did you know that expert duck-calling skills can get you about $1,500 in scholarships?
- Do you have a unique last name? Then be sure to check out if you can get a scholarship for that. For instance, a last name like Zolp can earn you a full scholarship to the Loyola University.
- This surely has to be the weirdest one. If you are a high school athlete and if milk is your favorite beverage, you might just win $7,500 in scholarship.
Students who possess such unusual and unique skills must seriously consider applying for any of the wacky scholarships out there. Agreed – these weird scholarships are not really traditional in the academic sense; but the free money is real. So why not take some time to find out if scholarships are available for your unique talents? After all you never know what wacky scholarships you may find. Simultaneously student should also start early in applying for other conventional sources of funding. 2013 Scholarship Guide is the best resource in these.